Doll Show

So as it happens, this past week I learned that there was a doll show taking place in my city on Saturday the 10th. So I went! It was huge. I took a photo, but this doesn't even begin to encompass how much stuff there was.

A lot of it was antique doll stuff of every conceivable size and type. A lot of it was for sale, but for exorbitant prices. As it was, I spent almost all of the money in my purse. In addition to all of those antique or expensive dolls, there were several booths that had American Girl Doll items. Some of them new in box!

This was the only doll I got - a Christmas ornament of Clara and her own tiny little Nutcracker.

This doll spoke to me. Also, she was only $2.

She also works well as a doll for the AG girls.


My big splurge of the day was on Kit's produce and preserves set! Now I finally have the canning set to go with the camp stove. It includes a pot, bowl, colander, tomatoes, peaches, two cans of fruit, and an apron. The pot and colander are metal; everything else is plastic. All of the fruit is stuck together in solid pieces, and the jars are sealed shut.


This colander is all I have ever wanted in life.



Finally, I bought this punch bowl and cup set, which is real glass. I am terrified of breaking it and I love it.


It also doubles as a nice fancy fruit bowl.


I will have to go to another one of these shows the next chance I get. This was incredibly fun to explore. I'm so glad I found out just in time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment