Noelle (Our Generation) review

I've added quite a few dolls this year.
From left to right: Perdita (#26), Guenevere (CYO), and good ol' #58 - who I am keeping as a boy, and looking to name. One name I keep coming back to is Jude. We shall see.

So I thought I do not need any more dolls. Time to put a brake on.

But then I started seeing pictures of the new Our Generation face mold. I have never been a huge fan of the OG faces, which has protected me from going doll shopping and restricted me to accessories. But I am kind of in love with the new face. And then I saw pictures of Noelle.

I actually went into the store and looked at the box and left without buying it, but she still stuck with me. I loved the blonde and brown-eyed combination. I have no dolls with that hair color right now; it's kind of an ash-blonde, and my only blond doll is Karol, whose hair is much lighter. And she is one of the deluxe dolls with posable limbs. I hoped this might open up some new avenues for photos.

So back I went.


I love her calm smile. The older OG face mold always looks thin and kind of pinch-mouthy to me. But this is adorable.

Her hair is rooted and fairly thick. It is so soft and silky right now; not sure yet how it will age. It was rubber-banded into ponytails, and it's actually supposed to be loose but I like the pigtail look so much I haven't taken it out yet.


The poseable limbs do look weird when they bend; they're soft plastic and they basically fold with a crease. I was aware of this before I bought her, so I was prepared for that. She also does not stand well. Her shoes are high-heeled and possibly not the best perches, but also the soles of her feet are slightly rounded.



Anyway. She comes with light purple underpants...


And two outfits: a party dress and pajamas.  The dress material feels cheap. The shoes are all hard plastic.

Here's Noelle in the pajamas, which are adorable with their snowflake pattern.

She comes with two gift boxes (paper, with the cutest little ribbons), a glass of chocolate milk, a gingerbread man and sparkly snowflake cookie, a plate, and a blank letter. The reversible letter is bilingual, addressed on one side to Santa and on the other to Pere Noel. Each side has a different illustration.


Now for the real test: seeing how she sat. You can observe the results here.


So far, I'm a big fan of Noelle. I love her coloring. Here she is alongside Larkin, from the front and in profile.
OG may have finally converted me with that face mold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment