Dolls from Heaven: John Paul II Review


There is now a line of 18" dolls based on Catholic saints. It's called Dolls from Heaven. So far, they have St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Joan of Arc, and Pope John Paul II. 

JPII, doll pope, came home recently. I got the basic model, which comes with cassock, cap, and red shoes. (They also offer a little boy's sailor suit for him, and accessories including a red cape, a rosary booklet and a prayer card.)


I scrounged up a Bible and rosary for him.

His body is made just like an American Girl Doll's. I did notice that his body fabric seems darker than his skin.

He is gorgeously painted, with blush on his knees and cheeks, and detailed fingernails and toenails. I picked him because I liked his face mold better than Joan and Therese's; he also has lovely deep blue eyes.

I also wanted to try him out in some clothes from other lines. Here he is in modern clothes from the Springfield Collection.


They fit pretty well. The shoes were the hardest to get on and were a bit too small. I want to try some boy doll clothes from other lines when I get the chance, which may be easier since more lines are making boy dolls now. 

He fits in well among the dolls and brings some variety to my collection. His head is proportionally larger than theirs, which is noticeable when they're together. As other reviewers have pointed out, these dolls also have much fairer skin. In American Girl Dolls, even the lightest skin color is not very pale, and they tend to have a somewhat olive cast.


Future plans: I want to make him some skis.

In the meantime, I do know where to find a very small kids' Mass model set. So . . . John Paul II gets to celebrate Mass!




No comments:

Post a Comment